SFFLA as a dynamic organization representing members of an ever changing industry that is continually impacted by changing trends, demands and technological innovations, needs to constantly adapt, transform and innovate to ensure that it remains relevant both to its members and to the logistics industry.
There is a greater thrust for both SFFLA and FMFF to be present at all Government Fora and consultative bodies and meetings to ensure that the interests of the logistics industry are articulated and represented at dialogues and pre-dialogue meetings initiated by importance ministries such as MOF, MITI and MOT, SME Corporation, and Customs Liaison Meetings.
SFFLA has implemented a sustainable professional capacity development programme for its members; the main objectives of which are:
- To develop a large pool of skilled and professional labour force in the logistics industry
- To provide right training, upgrading and developing right skills in a changing environment
- To train the right employees with the right skills for the right jobs
- To offer alternative profesional learning for career development and learning pathways
- Foundation Course in Freight Forwarding in MTO
- Certificate Courses in various aspects of Freight fowarding in MTO
- Diploma in Freight Forwarding in MTO
- Degree Level Course[ in collaboration with Local University
SFFLA initiated the proposal which has been adopted in principle for implementation by FMFF to establish a registry of Accrdited members in the various core activities of the logistics industry. SFFLA is also committed to support the Government Policy for Port Klang to be the National load Centre and Transshipment hub and the promotion of PKFZ as the Mega Transshipment and Distribution Hub. SFFLA would actively promote PKFZ to its members and also to the relevant Trade bodies, both locally and overseas.